Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Pitching Mechanics

How do you determine whether or not someone has good pitching mechanics? I would boil or reduce it down to "maximizing ones ability in each of these 3 areas"

1) Command of the strike zone
2) Arm health
3) Maximizing velocity

We always need to ask ourselves.

1)Am I able to throw the baseball to a desired location 7-8 times out of 10?
2)How does my arm consistently feel through my weekly throwing & pitching routine?
3)Am I maximizing my potential velocity?

In a nutshell, the pitching delivery starts in the center of the body. (the core) From there, energy travels down to the pivot foot, and then comes all the way up through our finger tips in releasing the baseball.  Most pitchers lose the energy as it travels back up through the center of our body, The Second Time"

For more information on tips, pitching sessions, throwing programs and more...
email: @jrobbins@showcasebaseball.org

Happy Throwing!

twitter: @perfectpitchsba
Instagram: @jakerobbins49

No comments:

Post a Comment